The Player Movement Policy for Adult tournaments - For Regular Season Tournaments, the Region has eliminated the Club Player Movement Policy for adults to promote ease of play. Adult teams will be able to pick up any current member up to the max roster size as needed in order to play in a regular season Carolina Region tournament. All such player movements must still be recorded by a team rep in writing on the Club Player Movement Form and submitted to all affected tournament hosts before the start of competition (with roster at Captain’s Meeting). Player Movement Forms do not need to be sent to the Region before a tournament if the move is only Temporary. Permanent Team Movements should be sent to the Region Office directly and REQUIRE the written approval of both affected team reps before it can be approved by the Region. Regional Championships Player Movements: Rosters still FREEZE (no changes allowed) ONE week before the Regional Championships. Team Reps need to submit all Roster updates (with a Club Player Movement Form) to the Region Office at least one week before the scheduled Adult Regional Championships in order for the affected players to be eligible for the Regional Championships.
JUNIOR BOYS – All Carolina Region Boys teams will be considered part of the same Club. Boys’ teams are still restricted to the procedures below when utilizing Player Movement.
JUNIOR GIRLS – All multi-team Junior Girls Clubs will be able to utilize the Player Movement Policy within their respective club only during the Carolina Region season without paying a club fee. Player movement (either Temporary or Permanent) in a club is restricted based on the policies outlined below. All player movement must be recorded by a club officer and submitted to all affected tournament hosts before the start of competition (with roster at Captains’/Coaches’ Meeting). Temporary Club Movements do not have to be sent to the Region Office before the competition (only permanent moves) – the Region will receive the form after the tournament with the rosters. The Carolina Region will use the current Standings of all teams as found at the Carolina Region Tournament System when processing all club movements per the policies below. NOTE: All Coaches in a Junior Club may coach ANY team in their own club. If they are not on the official roster, then the Club should use a Club Movement Form to add that coach to a tournament roster the same as adding a temporary player.
See BELOW for INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM RESTRICTIONS.
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER MOVEMENT RESTRICTIONS - Junior Program:
- Players being moved to a team in a lower age group must meet the birthdate requirements for the age group they are being moved to.
- An individual player may only be used TWICE for temporary moves during the indoor season. After a player has participated with another club team TWO times, the player shall be frozen to the roster of their original team unless a permanent roster move is reported to the Region Office.
- Players registered on a club team and participating in sanctioned competition within the jurisdiction of the Carolina Region may participate with another team from the same club having a higher ranking a maximum of two (2) times (within their individual limit) before rosters are frozen one week prior to their age group’s first Regional Championship Event. Players may participate with a team having a lower ranking than the one with who the player is registered a maximum of one (1) time (within their individual limit) before rosters are frozen one week prior to their age group’s first Regional Championship Event.
- Players may participate with two teams on a given weekend provided: (a) the age groups are playing on different days (i.e. 12’s team plays on Saturday and 13’s team plays on Sunday); (b) all other Player Movement Requirements described here are followed (limit of 2 moves per season, Movement Form filled out, etc.); (c) for clubs with combined adult and junior teams, a junior player MUST play with his/her junior team if that team is playing on the same day as an adult tournament. If the adult division is playing on a different day, then the junior player may move under the provisions of the Club Movement Policy.
- Any registered Club player may continue participation with another team in the same club upon notifying the Office of a permanent roster change before rosters are frozen one week prior to their age group’s first Regional Championship Event. Once a permanent move is made, no other moves (temporary or permanent) are allowed for that player.
- Players registered as unaffiliated (member of the club but not on a team) must still appear on a Club Movement Form if desiring to play on a team within their club and are still limited by the restrictions above.
- Registered unaffiliated members in the Region (not on any team) must first join a club before they can play in a tournament.
TEAM MOVEMENT RESTRICTIONS:
- Teams may add a maximum of two (2) Club players not on their roster in any given tournament.
- Teams may add a maximum of one (1) player not on their roster from a higher ranking team in their club in any given tournament.
- Teams may add a maximum of two (2) players not on their roster from a higher ranking team in their club per season.
- Teams are limited to accepting up to two (2) permanent moves per season. If a permanent move is made with the intent to play in a Regional Championship Event, then ideally the player being moved should have played at least once with that team during the regular season under a normal player movement. The Region will hear petitions for extenuating circumstances.
Clubs failing to comply with the reporting requirements will have the player movement privilege suspended. Report forms were included with the Registration packet and are available from the Region office and at the Forms page.