AGAIN FOR 2022/2023: All Clinics to be certified as an Adult Team Referee and/or Scorer will be done ONLINE. Any adult player may take the Adult Player Referee Training and/or Adult Scorer Training Curriculum in the online USAV Academy this year to get certified. Information on taking the Online Clinics is here.
2022/2023 Clinic/Meeting Information (Professional Officials):
- National Officials Clinic (primarily for professional officials with a USAV National rating) – We will not be hosting a National Officials clinic for the 2022/2023 season. The clinic will be made available to all National-level officials from within the USAV Academy. The National clinic has been released and all National officials should have been enrolled in it by now. Contact the USAV Officials Department if you do not see the clinic in your USAV Academy page.
- 2022/2023 Pre-Season Meetings (online):
- New for 2022/2023 Season: All information and training will be presented online in the USA Volleyball Learning Management System (LMS). When New officials register with the Carolina Region, we will enroll them in the New Officials Curriculum in the LMS. Officials will go through all modules at their own pace. We will then schedule new officials for a rating and training session in January. Once the referee passes their rating session, they can then be assigned to work Carolina Region tournaments. Contact Brian with any other initial questions.
- 2023 OAAP Training Sessions (open to any Professional Official):
- January 13, 2023 (5:00 – 9:00 pm) – City of Oaks – Raleigh Convention Center – Room TBA. OAAP Participants – $0; Non-OAAP – $20.
- February 3, 2023 (6:00 – 8:00 pm) – Queens vs King Men’s Match. Q&A with match officials afterwards. OAAP – $0; Non-OAAP – $10.
- March 3, 2023 (6:00 – 8:00 pm) – MAPL Raleigh – Raleigh Convention Center – Room TBA. OAAP – $0; Non-OAAP – $10.00.
- March 3, 2023 (8:00 – 9:00 pm) – Information session for Officials interested in going for Junior National Certification in future. Free to all.
- Pre-registration is REQUIRED for the above Training Sessions. Go to this link to pre-register from your SE account.
- 2023 Professional Officials Clinic Information (online-click here for instructions on accessing the USAV Academy):
- CR23_101 – New Junior Regional Referee Training (for all first-year Junior Regional candidates; ages 16-18)
- CR23_102 – Existing Junior Regional Referee Training (for renewing Junior Regional referees; ages 16-18)
- CR23_201 – New Officials Training (for all first-year adult professional officials)
- CR22_202 – Provisional Officials Training (for all renewing professional officials with a Provisional certification)
- CR22_203 – Regional Officials Training (for all renewing professional officials with a Regional certification)
- Region Staff will enroll our Professional officials in their applicable courses above in the USAV Academy after you register for the season. You may also enroll in any other individual modules in the USAV Academy for your own continuing education interests. Please wait to take other modules until after you complete your required modules.