Athletes will perform better, soar higher, and get more from sport if they feel safe. The U.S. Center for SafeSport seeks to create a healthy, supportive environment for all participants. Through education, resources, and training, we help members of the sport community recognize, reduce, and respond to misconduct in sport.
For Information on the SafeSport Victim Services Helpline, click here.
Carolina Region SafeSport Contact Person: Kevin Wendelboe – firstname.lastname@example.org
This page has links to the main U.S. Center for SafeSport website as well as other resources identified through the Program. Please help us provide a safe and fun environment for all our participants!
- USA Volleyball SafeSport Home – https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/about-us/safesport
- U.S. Center for SafeSport – https://uscenterforsafesport.org/
- SafeSport Code (effective April 1, 2022) – Revisions Document
- Make the Commitment Stop Abuse in Sports – http://www.teamusa.org/StopAbuse/Make-The-Commitment/About-the-Commitment.aspx
- Stop Bullying – Information about the laws in each state that address bullying, harassment, and hazing.
- Child Molestation Prevention – http://childmolestationprevention.org/pages/diagnosis.html
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Child Welfare Information Gateway – www.childwelfare.gov
- Please be advised that the U.S. Center for SafeSport new course modules are now available. Members will be automatically enrolled in the SafeSport course they need each season when they register for the new season. Membership categories that require a SafeSport will include the training as part of the requirements to become eligibly to participate. Members will access the link to go take the course from inside their SportsEngine Account (go to the “Carolina Regional Volleyball” card inside the members Household profile). Once a member finishes the training, their membership account will be updated automatically.
SafeSport Training for Minor Participant:
The U.S. Center for SafeSport now requires that all 18 year old or older individuals that are participating in Junior events must complete the SafeSport course. This includes 18 year old players on a junior team. If a player is turning 18 this junior season, they can take the SafeSport course in advance to meet this requirement (recommended). Taking it early will ensure there are no eligibility issues at an event. Minors will need permission from their parent/legal guardian to take the SafeSport Course. We have an 18’s Player Junior membership that will enroll the applicant in the SafeSport course so they can take the training.
SafeSport Parent Training:
The USOC has developed training geared specifically towards the parents of our youth athletes. This training is a great tool to ensure that everyone in our sport community is speaking the same language when it comes to the prevention of misconduct in sport. NOTE: The Parent Training will NOT satisfy the SafeSport requirement for Junior Coaches! All Junior Coaches and Junior Club Personnel should take the Full course (see above)!
To Complete the Training:
1. Go to training.safesport.org
2. Click STORE
3. Choose SafeSport Parent Training
4. Click ADD TO BAG
5. Click CHECKOUT (there is no charge)
6. Follow the on-screen instructions for registering and completing the training. If you have never created a log in for this site click REGISTER.