NOTE – For the 2020/2021 season, we will NOT offer an in-person IMPACT clinic. NOTE: Now that the USAV IMPACT On-Demand clinic (see below) is operational and FREE, USAV is requiring the IMPACT to be taken online so all coaches receive consistent training. Coaches that need IMPACT will be auto-enrolled in the course when they choose a “Coach” membership option each season.
Coaching Education Policy – ALL Coaches, please review the information linked on this page about our Coaches Education Policy!
REMINDER – Coaches will not be added to a Team’s Tournament Roster until they are IMPACT/CAP certified, are SafeSport certified, submit the Junior Club Personnel Code of Ethics, and passes the USAV Background Screen. So all coaches must complete these requirements BEFORE their team’s FIRST tournament! Again for 2021 – SafeSport certification will not be covered during the online IMPACT course. Coaches will be auto-enrolled in either the Core SafeSport or Refresher SafeSport course that they need each season.
IMPACT CLINICS (ALL ONLINE NOW):
- USA Volleyball IMPACT On-Demand Clinic – The 2020-2021 On-Demand IMPACT clinic is now live. Coaches will be auto-enrolled in IMPACT if they need it when they register for a coach membership. If you want more information on registering from within your USAV/SE member account, click here.
- Reminder – SafeSport certification is no longer included during the IMPACT course. Please go to our SafeSport section for more information on the SafeSport Program.
- SafeSport Training is now accessed from within the new USAV/SE Membership Account. For more information on this process, go here.
USAV CAP Course Schedule:
The Carolina Region hosted CAP Courses in the 2016 and 2017 seasons. USAV is currently not planning any more CAP Courses for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19. USAV is looking at a redesign of the CAP Program in the future. We will post updates once that redesign is complete.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CLINIC SCHEDULE:
- AVCA Webinars- The American Volleyball Coaches Association offers several webinars in August and September. For more information and to REGISTER for the webinars, go to the AVCA webinar information page. NOTE: Individual AVCA Webinars are NOT on the pre-approved list for Continuing Education Credit automatically. Contact Wade if you wish to use AVCA webinars towards this requirement (multiple webinars may be required).
- Others will be added here as approved.
OTHER COACHING RESOURCES:
- Championship Productions – World Class Instriction. DVD’s, Videos, Clinics, Clinics.
- USA Volleyball’s latest FREE training sessions for our Club Directors and Coaches are listed below as well as some others that may be of interest. Webinars allow local USAV Jr. Olympic Volleyball (JOV) leaders (that means you!) to attend from your home or office. Learn from experienced and successful coaches, club directors and volleyball leaders nationwide, including National Team coaches and USAV staff. Each USAV session includes Q&A time for asking questions directly of the speakers. Some session times may be listed in different time zones, so adjust to our time zone accordingly. Webinars will be listed here when announced page.
BEACH COACHING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES:
- USA Volleyball BEACH IMPACT On-Demand Clinic – USAV will only offer one IMPACT clinic online now. Both Beach and Indoor will be covered during the clinic. See above for more information about the On-Demand IMPACT clinic.
Other Coaching Clinics/Events:
- NC State Virtual Watch party (Match vs UNC)- October 18, 2020 – Includes Chalk talk with Coaching Staff. See this page for more information.