The Carolina Region and USA Volleyball utilize a Member Management System (MMS) hosted by SportsEngine.
With the system, you will see the following features:
- Family Accounts are now permitted. Multiple members of the household can be managed with one master adult account with only one login needed. UPDATE: If registering a minor participant with a Junior membership, be sure to create the main SE account with the Parent/Legal Guardian info. You can then add other minor Household individuals under that account and purchase a membership for those household members. NOTE – you cannot add another Adult member in the home in the “Household”. If they need a membership also then they need to set up their own SE account and purchase the membership inside that account.
- All applications and payments will occur online and inside the MMS (no paper forms and no going to external payment system for “unpaid” applications)
- IMPORTANT: Applicants will see TWO charges when they “check-out” and on their credit card statement. The system automatically processes a “Region fee” and a “USAV fee” so the region no longer needs to do a monthly reconciliation with USAV.
- If an applicant needs the Background Screen, that application and payment will also be handled in the system and will appear on the credit card statement as a separate charge.
- “Junior” membership categories are for individuals 18 or under that are participating as a player with a Junior Program or unaffiliated minors age 17 and under. “Adult” membership categories are for all adults 18 or older. An adult coach working with a Junior program chooses an Adult member category. So memberships are based on your age – not the program you are participating with.
- NOTE: Applicants will NOT choose a club during the registration process any longer (and can’t go back into SE account and choose it later). Clubs now “invite” players/coaches to join their club for the 2023 season at a later time/process.
Click the Quizzard button below to begin your application. The system will ask you questions to direct you to a membership category that is applicable to you. NOTE – you can go back through the quizzard at a later time to select another “role” you will perform this season (i.e. you will be coaching but will also be a professional referee). You will receive credit for the prior purchase and will only pay if the two memberships have different fees (i.e. upgrading from a tryout membership to a full membership). The system has a lot of Help videos and documents. We have provided the most common at right and see the Help documentation inside of the MMS for more.
Click button above – the system will ask a series of questions to help guide you to the correct membership.
Provided as information to help with selection while going through Quizzard.
- Junior Membership (Player) – minor age 17 or younger and want the full season membership. Males and Females can choose this.
- Junior Membership – SafeSport Required (18 OR turning 18 during the season) – For those players that are 18 or will turn 18 during the season and want the full season membership. Males and Females can choose this. Applicants will be enrolled in the required SafeSport course. They will need to complete in order to be eligible to participate.
- Youth membership – birthdate is on or after July 1, 2012 and want the full season membership for Regional-sanctioned events only. This membership may not participate in national-sanctioned events like National Qualifiers. This membership can be upgraded later as needed. Males and Females can choose this.
- U8 Membership – birthdate is on or after July 1, 2015 and want the full season membership. Males and Females can choose this. This membership is provided free of charge by the Carolina Region and USAV.
- Tryout membership – For Junior players 18 or under and want the Tryout membership only at this time. This membership is valid July 9 – Dec. 31 only to participate in USAV sanctioned tryouts only. This membership may not be added to a roster. This membership can be upgraded later as needed (return to quizzard or accept club invite for a full-season membership). Males and Females can choose this.
- Junior (aged) Assistant Coach membership – For minors age 16 or 17 and will be an Assistant Coach with a Junior team this season. This will be a full season membership with the required eligibility pieces included. Junior players that have already registered but are also coaching may choose this also to get the requirements (only charged dues once each season). Males and Females can choose this.
- Junior (age) Professional Official – For applicants age 16 or 17 and want to work as a professional referee for the Carolina Region. This is a full season membership and will also allow the junior to play for a Junior club (so the junior can play and work as an official on their off weekends). All eligibility requirements are included with this membership choice. If the junior is 18 or will be turning 18 this season and will be playing club ball and wants to referee for the Region also, choose the 18’s player option above. After the membership is PURCHASED, go back through the quizzard and choose the Adult official membership (it will not charge dues again but will allow the eligibility requirements to attach to your current membership).
- Adult Player Membership – 18 or older and want the full season membership. Applicants are not affiliated with a Junior Club.
- Adult Professional Official Membership – 18 or older and want the full season membership. You will be working as a Professional official this season. All eligibility requirements as needed by the Carolina Region and USAV are included with this membership choice.
- Adult Coach of Juniors Membership – 18 or older and will be participating as a Coach affiliating with a Junior Club this season. This is a full season membership with all eligibility requirements included with this choice.
- Adult – SafeSport & Background Screen Required Membership – 18 or older and will be affiliating with a Junior Club this season (or serving as Tournament Director) but will NOT be coaching (Club Admin/Chaperone/Team Rep, etc). This is a full season membership with all eligibility requirements included with this choice except IMPACT which is only needed by Coaches). Our Tournament Directors that need a full membership should also choose this option.