Junior Team Reps in the 18’s Age Group (only)
2022 USA Volleyball Girls’ Junior National Championships - 18’s
The 2022 USA Volleyball Girls’ 18's Junior National Championships will be at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, AZ from April 22-24, 2022. Competition will be held in the 18’s age group only for the following 18’s Divisions: 18 Open; 18 National; 18 USA; 18 Liberty; 18 American; 18 Freedom; and 18 Patriot.
The Carolina Region will hold its competition for our National Bids for this event at our 18’s National Bid Tournaments on Sunday, February 27, 2022. The Site for the Bid Tournament will be announced after the entry deadline passes (Feb 12, 2022). The specific site assignment will be posted on the Carolina Region Tournament System
and is usually in the central part of the state - we generally shoot for Greensboro area sites since teams are potentially coming from all over the state. We hope the information below will answer some of your questions on the process.
USA Volleyball has increased the number of divisions being held at the Junior National Championships this season, so more teams have the opportunity to participate. Some bids for divisions are only awarded at Qualifiers. Others can be earned at a Qualifier or through a Region. There is also a PATRIOT Division that does not require bids (see the Entry information for more information on that division). For 2022, the Carolina Region has bids for the National, American, and Freedom (NEW) divisions at the USAV Girls's 18's Junior National Championships. The following is a breakdown of how many bids we have in each age group (NOTE: 2022 Bid Allocations for Regions are CONFIRMED below):
- 18's: We have ONE bid available in the National Division; ONE bid available in the American Division; and ONE bid available in the Freedom Division (THREE teams total from Carolina Region)
The Following must be met in order to compete for the Carolina Region National Bids for the Junior National Championships:
PROCEDURE FOR DETERMINING BIDS:
- To be eligible to compete in their age division’s National Bid tournament, a junior team must meet the following: (a) Participating teams must be a registered Carolina Region team; and (b) teams must have played in ONE (1) Carolina Region sanctioned event before the bid tournament.
- The Tournament Entry Deadline for the February 27 18’s National Bid tournaments is Saturday, FEBRUARY 12, 2022 Entry fee is $175. All teams that want to compete for the National Bid must enter the bid tournament by the Tournament Entry deadline! LATE entries will only be accepted if we do not have at least TWO teams entered (and thus all our bids would not be claimed).
- AGAIN THIS SEASON - National entries will go directly to USA Volleyball (they will not be sent to the Region). Please read through the Pre-Tournament Manual thoroughly for all National entry procedures. Teams interested for any re-allocation bids for a specific division at the JNC should review the Pre-Tournament Manual for all requirements and deadlines.
- FIRST STEP IN 2022 PROCESS - ALL teams interested in competing for one of our BIDS to the 2022 JNC MUST enter their team in the 18’s National Bid tournament by February 12, 2022.
- REMINDER - only ENTER if you WILL ACCEPT the bid if you earn one. Should a team/club not accept a bid that they earn at the National Bid tournament, the Region will place future sanctions on the club when entering future National events. USAV will also place sanctions on the club for participation at future Qualifiers!
- Again this season, teams will not be required to have a Chaperone on the roster. However, teams will need to confirm they have a Club Travel Policy in place when they check in.
- ALL coaches on the roster must be IMPACT and SafeSport certified. USA Volleyball WILL NOT offer IMPACT clinics on site this year. If you have a coach that needs to be IMPACT certified, then make sure the Coach registers for the Coach of Juniors membership for the current season so they will be enrolled in the IMPACT clinic. The SafeSport course must also be taken online and coaches are enrolled automatically when they purchase a Coach membership.
Since we have three bids in each age group available, the Champion team in each National Bid tournament will be awarded the NATIONAL bid in that age group. The Runner-up finisher will earn the AMERICAN bid for that age group. The losing teams of the semi-finals will also need to play a match to determine the winner of our FREEDOM bid. The tournament format will play a normal round-robin pool play with playoffs (no change in formats from regular season events). In the event, we have less than three (3) teams competing for a bid, teams will be contacted about alternate ways to determine the bids.
Please discuss this opportunity with your team and parents NOW. If you would like to compete for our bid to the 2022 USA Volleyball Girls’ Junior National Championships, please ENTER
the 18’s National Bid tournament by February 12, 2022
. LATE ENTRIES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CR JUNIOR DIVISION (and usually only if we don’t have any other entries in that division)!
Please get all entries in by the deadline!
For additional information on the Junior National Championships, go to USA Volleyball’s GJNC 18’s Page
- The Pre-Tournament Entry Books for the Championships are now posted on the USA Volleyball web site. February 12 is our REGIONAL DEADLINE to enter the National Bid tournaments! Once we determine our bid winners, we will notify USAV of our bid winners. NOTE: Teams that do not earn a bid at our National Bid tournaments MAY still earn a re-allocated bid from USAV once all the Regions report their bid winners (some Regions don’t use all their bids). So, if interested in a re-allocated bid, please notify the Region Office of your interest, and keep your fingers crossed! Re-allocated bids would come from USAV and not the Carolina Region (but they will ask the region if we have any teams to accept, so let us know your interest).
All teams should note that the Region has NOT set aside any money to help pay for national entry fees
, and all teams should plan on raising the full costs needed to participate in the Championships. Good luck with the rest of your season, and please email
if you have any questions!
If your team wants to compete for a National Bid, submit tournament entry by February 12, 2022:
Reminder - You may confirm your tournament entries and all CR National Bid tournament information on our Tournament System
, same as other CR tournaments.