The Carolina Region’s policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our members. This policy statement tells you how we collect information from you (both online and off) and how we use it.
The information you provide each season upon registration is maintained by the Carolina Region in USA Volleyball’s National online database system to aid in the administration of our volleyball programs. Membership in the Carolina Region also includes a registration with USA Volleyball, so information collected on our membership form is shared with USA Volleyball automatically in the online database. Social Security numbers are only required for adults affiliating with a Junior Club so that a background screen can be performed. The online system will only display the last four digits of a social security number that is submitted. Other Regions on the system will be able to view a members generic information (name, address, contact info, and team rosters) but only the registering region will be able to modify the records. Be assured that the Carolina Region and USA Volleyball will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent. You may choose to not be included on third-party lists or the Rotations email list by reviewing the appropriate boxes during the online application process or checking the appropriate boxes provided on the membership form.
The Carolina Region and USA Volleyball may share address or email lists of our members, team reps, or club reps with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, tournament directors, and other third parties. For example, we may provide a Team Rep listing to a Tournament Director wanting to advertise an upcoming tournament or a junior members address list to a College Coach wanting to advertise a summer camp.
The Carolina Region may disclose member information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the Carolina Region’s rights or property, other Carolina Region members, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. The Carolina Region may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
The Carolina Region collects email addresses as part of its membership registration. The Carolina Region uses email to aid in the quick dissemination of information to its members. We may maintain different Group Email lists (Tournament Directors, Team Reps, Officials, etc) and send messages to these groups to enhance our communication. The Carolina Region will publish Tournament Directors and Team/Club Rep email addresses to its web site to enhance the communication between our members and these select groups. Members may choose to have their email address removed from the site by contacting the Region Office.
The Carolina Region also maintains an optional email list that members and visitors to our web site can choose to join. This list is used to send out updates about current Carolina Region events and changes to our web site. The frequency of messages may vary depending on the urgency of information, but messages to the list will average about once a week during our main competition season. Members may unsubscribe to this list at any time by following the directions at the bottom of each message.
The Carolina Region maintains a constantly updated web site at http://www.CarolinaRegionVB.org/ as an information source to our members. We are committed to constantly upgrading and improving this resource. Your online privacy is just as important to us:
- You may occasionally get cookies from one of our advertisers. The Carolina Region does not control these cookies. The use of advertising cookies sent by third-party servers is standard in the Internet industry.
• Links to Other Sites:
- Members should be aware that when you are on the Carolina Region’s web site, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites from our web site that take you outside our service. For example, if you “click” on a banner advertisement or on an article link, the “click” takes you off the Carolina Region web site. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors, associated club web sites, college web sites, or other volleyball-related web sites. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information.
- Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online — for example, via message boards or chat — that information can be collected and used by people you don’t know. While the Carolina Region strives to protect its user’s personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
- The Carolina Region’s policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond the Carolina Region’s control, and is not to be applied in any manner contrary to applicable law or governmental regulation.
- The Carolina Region uses forms to collect some information at our web site. For example, our Official’s Clinic Registration page will ask for personal information in order to register a member for one of our clinics. Information collected during these functions will only be used by the Carolina Region Division involved with the function (i.e. the Officials’ Division). Personal information collected in this manner will not be shared with any third-party lists.
- The importance of security for all personally identifiable information associated with our visitors to our web site is of utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your PC to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, the Carolina Region can not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- The Carolina Region does not currently require passwords to use our web site. In the event the Carolina Region does use passwords to protect areas of our web site, we recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. The Carolina Region will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information.
- Remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if your computer is accessible to others or if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library.
To keep you in control of your personal information and the communications directed to you, we allow you to remove your name from any of the following services: sharing your information in a member directory; receiving communications from the Carolina Region’s email list; and receiving communications about offers from third-party companies that offer a product or service that we or USA Volleyball think would be of value to you. If a member objects to such use for any reason, he/she may stop that use — either by checking the third-party box on the membership form, logging in to your USAV online account and unchecking the appropriate boxes in the “Communications” tab, by e-mail request to office@CarolinaRegionVB.org, or by mail or fax:
P.O. Box 1757
Clemmons, NC 27012
(336) 766-3501 (Fax)
YOURE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS: