TO: Junior Team Reps in the 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, & 12 Divisions
FROM: Carolina Region/USAV
RE: 2022 USA Volleyball Girls’ Junior National Championships
The 2022 USA Volleyball Girls’ Junior National Championships will be at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN from June 23-July 4, 2022 (different age groups and divisions will begin and end play at different times during this period. Check the GJNC Schedule Page at USA Volleyball’s web site for specific dates for your Age division).
The Carolina Region will hold its competition for our National Bids in the 12's - 17's age groups for the Junior National Championships at our National Bid Tournaments on April 30, 2022. See the 18’s National Bid memo for more info specific to the 18’s age group. Specific site assignments for the age groups will be posted after the tournament entry deadline passes on the Carolina Region Tournament System and will be in the central part of the state - we generally shoot for Greensboro area sites since teams are potentially coming from all over the state. We hope the information below will answer some of your questions on the process.
USA Volleyball has increased the number of divisions being held at the Junior National Championships this season, so more teams have the opportunity to participate. Some bids for divisions are only awarded at Qualifiers. Others can be earned at a Qualifier or through a Region. There is also a PATRIOT Division that does not require bids (see the Entry information for more information on that division). For 2022, the Carolina Region has bids for the National, American, and Freedom (NEW) divisions at the USAV Girls's Junior National Championships. The following is a breakdown of how many bids we have in each age group (NOTE: 2022 Bid Allocations for Regions are CONFIRMED below):
- 14's - 17's: We have ONE bid available in the National Division; ONE bid available in the American Division; and ONE bid available in the FREEDOM Division (THREE teams total from Carolina Region)
- 12's - 13's: We have ONE bid available in the National Division; and ONE bid available in the American Division (TWO teams total from Carolina Region)
The Following must be met in order to compete for the Carolina Region National Bids for the Junior National Championships:
- To be eligible to compete in their age division’s National Bid tournament, a junior team must meet the following: (a) Participating teams must be a registered Carolina Region team; and (b) teams must have played in ONE (1) Carolina Region sanctioned event
- The Tournament Entry Deadline for the April 30 National Bid tournaments is Saturday, April 16, 2022. Entry fee is $175. All teams that want to compete for the National Bid must enter the bid tournament by the Tournament Entry deadline! LATE entries will only be accepted if we do not have at least TWO teams entered (and thus all our bids would not be claimed).
- AGAIN THIS SEASON - Entries will go directly to USA Volleyball (they will not be sent to the Region). Please read through the Pre-Tournament Manual thoroughly for all National entry procedures. OPEN teams that are interested in an At-Large bid should note all requirements and deadlines in the manual. Club teams interested in a Re-allocation bid should note their interest to the Region Office.
- FIRST STEP IN 2022 PROCESS - ALL teams interested in competing for one of our BIDS to the 2022 JNC MUST enter their team in the National Bid tournament by the entry deadline: April 16, 2022.
- REMINDER - only ENTER if you WILL ACCEPT the bid if you earn one. Should a team/club not accept a bid that they earn at the National Bid tournament, the Region will place future sanctions on the club when entering future National events. USAV will also impose a sanction against future Qualifier participation!
- Again for 2022 - teams will not be required to have a Chaperone on the roster at JNC. The club will need to affirm that they have a Club Travel Policy at check-in.
- ALL coaches on the roster must be IMPACT and SafeSport certified. USA Volleyball WILL NOT offer IMPACT clinics on site this year. If you have a coach that needs to be IMPACT certified and/or complete SafeSport, just make sure they have registered with the Adult Coach of Juniors membership and they will be enrolled in IMPACT automatically. Information on the SafeSport course is here.
PROCEDURE FOR DETERMINING BIDS:
Since we have two-three bids in each age group available, the Champion team in each National Bid tournament will be awarded the NATIONAL bid in that age group. The Runner-up finisher will earn the AMERICAN bid for that age group. For ages where we have a FREEDOM bid, the two semi-finals losers may need to play a match as well to determine that bid winner. Each tournament will play a normal round-robin pool play with playoffs (no change in formats from regular season events). In the event, we have less than three (3) teams competing for a bid, teams will be contacted about alternate ways to determine the bids.
Please discuss this opportunity with your team and parents NOW. If you would like to compete for our bid to the 2022 USA Volleyball Girls’ Junior National Championships, please ENTER the National Bid tournament for your age group before the tournament deadline above. LATE ENTRIES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE CR JUNIOR DIVISION (and usually only if we don’t have any other entries in that division)! Please get all entries in by the deadline!
For additional information on the Junior National Championships, go to USA Volleyball’s GJNC Page - The Pre-Tournament Entry Books for the Championships are now posted on the USA Volleyball web site. Once we determine our bid winners, we will notify USAV of our bid winners. NOTE: Teams that do not earn a bid at our National Bid tournaments MAY still earn a re-allocated bid from USAV once all the Regions report their bid winners (some Regions don’t use all their bids). So, if interested in a re-allocated bid, please notify the Region Office of your interest, and keep your fingers crossed! Re-allocated bids would come from USAV and not the Carolina Region (but they would go through the Region office to see if we have teams wanting a re-allocated bid). We will award any re-allocated bids we receive based on the tournament finish at the Bid tournament and then on a first-come, first serve request basis.
All teams should note that the Region has NOT set aside any money to help pay for national entry fees, and all teams should plan on raising the full costs needed to participate in the Championships. Good luck with the rest of your season, and please email if you have any questions!
If your team wants to compete for a National Bid, submit your tournament entry by April 16 2022.
Reminder - You may confirm your tournament entries and all CR National Bid tournament information on our Tournament System, same as other CR tournaments.