PLEASE read all instructions below BEFORE taking the clinics so you are sure to take the correct one!
2020/2021 Clinics have now been completed and posted by USA Volleyball! The following modules are in the USAV Academy now and are the only modules needed to become a Junior Referee in the Region:
- CR21 – 011 Junior First Referee;
- CR21 – 012 Junior Second Referee;
- CR21 – 013 Junior Line Judge;
- CR21 – 014 Junior Scorer;
- CR21 – 015 Junior Asst. Scorer/Libero Tracker.
Due to the delay in the release of the clinic and COVID cancellations in the region, the Carolina Region has decided to waive the minimum team officiating requirement for Junior teams for the 2021 season. There will be no requirement for players or coaches to take the Officiating clinic this season, but note this is applicable for our one-day events only. The Region has also decided there will be no work teams needed for the one-day tournaments in all our approved formats. If your team is playing out-of-region or in another multi-day tournament in the Carolina Region that will require a work-team, then your team may need to have players/coaches take the clinic when it is posted. This should be discussed at the club/team level to determine if some team members need to take the clinic.
The online clinic experience has improved drastically over the last six seasons. We encourage you to check them out again to get your Referee or Scorer Certification this season! Read below for instructions!
General Officials Clinic Information (everyone follows these steps to begin):
- EVERYONE can take the clinics online this year.
- Experienced Officials will have ability to take pre-quizzes to shorten some of the modules they will view online.
- All Clinics are accessed from within your Carolina Region/USA Volleyball Sports Engine Member account! For step by step instructions on how to access the USAV Academy from within your SE account, click here.
- We have auto-enrolled all Junior members into these five modules to make it easier to view and complete them. When Junior members go to their USAV Academy site, they will see they are enrolled in the “course” CR21_101 Junior Official Training. Clicking on that will show the five modules they need to take.
- Adult members should go to their USAV Academy site, choose the Content Library section in the menu, then they can choose the FIVE courses listed above to enroll in and complete.
- When you complete your curriculum, your officials certification (under Credentials tab) will be updated AUTOMATICALLY!
- If you have not applied for your 2021 membership yet, you will need to do that first. Go to our Online Registration Information page for instructions on registering for membership.