Junior Boys Division Information
Individuals that have never been a member of the Carolina Region and USA Volleyball may apply for membership by going to our Online Registration page and scrolling down to the "NEW" member shortcut link. Individuals that have been a member of either the Carolina Region or another Region of USA Volleyball in any membership season since 2004 can log-in to their membership by clicking the "Log-In/Register" button at the top of this page and logging in to their member account. Our membership year begins September 1 and ends October 31 of the following year. Team/Club Reps may download the registration packet at left in September.
For the 2014 membership season, the Carolina Region membership fee for all Boys 18 and younger will be $20 (this is a full USAV membership). We want to provide incentives to clubs and parents to introduce volleyball to more boys as an exciting lifetime sport option. We are encouraging clubs to think outside the box where boys volleyball is concerned. Clubs do not need to structure boys volleyball the same as they would a girls club. Form developmental leagues on weeknights for practices and fun games. Hold clinics and playdays to introduce the sport to more boys. The goal is for clubs to start reaching out to boys and get them involved in the sport. Once we get them hooked, then clubs can form some teams and we can begin offering boys-only volleyball tournaments. See the articles below for more information on Boys volleyball.
Boys (all Boys 18 and younger) - $20 (online application fee; paper application is $30)
- Adults affiliated with Junior teams - $35 (online renewals/registrations by November 1; $45 after November 1)
- Background Screen fee for Adults affiliated with Junior teams ($17.50 - good for two seasons)
- Junior Team Fee - $65 by December 1; $75 after December 1
- Regular Season tournament entry fee - $150 (received three weeks in advance)
- Regional Championship Tournament entry fee - $175
As a service to our members, we will post tryout information for clubs/teams that provide the information to the Region Office. All clubs and individuals should refer to our Recruiting Statement for information on acceptable ways to promote your tryouts and the behavior that is expected from our participants.
- NC Power VBC, Greensboro - Date: October 24, 2013 - Times: 7 pm -10 pm. Site: Proehlific Park, Greensboro. Please bring either check or cash paid to NC Power VBC for $20.00 nonrefundable fee. Website: http://www.ncpowervb.org/Tryouts.html
- WAVE, Wayne/Wilson counties - Youth/Club volleyball for grade 5-8. Will consist of 1 day a week practice, 2-3 club tournaments and 2-3 local tournaments, TRYOUTS will be Sunday October 27th 1:30-4:30 at Spring Creek High school, 4340 Indian Springs Rd. , Seven Springs, NC Cost is $15. Please come early for registration. Parent must sign permission form Boys are welcome to tryout for this age to grow Boys volleyball in Wayne County! Website: http://www.wavevolleyball.org/
Summer Camps, Club Tryouts, Informational Meetings, and other Items of Interest for Boys:
- Triangle Volleyball Club is hosting a free men’s college volleyball exhibition with the high caliber team from Mount Olive College on Friday November 8th starting at 5:30pm. Don’t miss this show of power, athleticism, and skill from a men’s college volleyball team with 18 men from all over the world including Germany, Brazil, Ohio, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Australia, Cuba, New York, Pennsylvania, and Florida. Mount Olive College men’s volleyball team plays against many high level teams including Division I teams Ohio State, Ball State, Penn State, and Princeton. For the 2014 NCAA men’s volleyball tournament, Mount Olive College may have a chance to host tournament matches which could include powerhouse teams like Penn State, Princeton, or Harvard competing.
The volleyball team will help teach volleyball skills, hold a scrimmage, and host a spike contest to promote the sport of volleyball and the newly organized boys volleyball program at Triangle Volleyball club. Please come out and watch some amazing volleyball in your own North Carolina backyard. See their website for more information - http://www.trianglevolleyball.org/
- None reported at this time
USA Volleyball featured the growth of Boys and Men’s Volleyball efforts in the Carolina Region in their email newsletter and on their website. Click here to read the article.
GRANT Opportunity for Boys Clubs from USAV - 2012 Ludus Tours Sport Development Grant Information
Am I too Short to Play Volleyball?
Creating a Boys Volleyball Team at Your School
Starting a Boys Volleyball Program
Youth Volleyball Rules for 2 - 4 Player Teams
Boys Scholastic Volleyball Grant Program - For High Schools looking to start a Varsity Boys Team