Junior Boys Division Information
Individuals that have never been a member of the Carolina Region and USA Volleyball may apply for membership by going to our Online Registration page and scrolling down to the "NEW" member shortcut link. Individuals that have been a member of either the Carolina Region or another Region of USA Volleyball in any membership season since 2004 can log-in to their membership by clicking the "Log-In/Register" button at the top of this page and logging in to their member account. Our membership year begins September 1 and ends October 31 of the following year. Team/Club Reps may download the registration packet at left in September.
For the 2013 membership season, the Carolina Region membership fee for all Boys 18 and younger will be $20 (this is a full USAV membership). We want to provide incentives to clubs and parents to introduce volleyball to more boys as an exciting lifetime sport option. We are encouraging clubs to think outside the box where boys volleyball is concerned. Clubs do not need to structure boys volleyball the same as they would a girls club. Form developmental leagues on weeknights for practices and fun games. Hold clinics and playdays to introduce the sport to more boys. The goal is for clubs to start reaching out to boys and get them involved in the sport. Once we get them hooked, then clubs can form some teams and we can begin offering boys-only volleyball tournaments. See the articles below for more information on Boys volleyball.
Boys (all Boys 18 and younger) - $20 (online application fee; paper application is $30)
- Adults affiliated with Junior teams - $35 (online renewals/registrations by November 1; $45 after November 1)
- Background Screen fee for Adults affiliated with Junior teams ($17.50 - good for two seasons)
- Junior Team Fee - $65 by December 1; $75 after December 1
- Regular Season tournament entry fee - $150 (received three weeks in advance)
- Regional Championship Tournament entry fee - $175
As a service to our members, we will post tryout information for clubs/teams that provide the information to the Region Office. All clubs and individuals should refer to our Recruiting Statement for information on acceptable ways to promote your tryouts and the behavior that is expected from our participants.
Summer Camps, Club Tryouts, Informational Meetings, and other Items of Interest for Boys:
- The Eastern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association (EIVA) Club Conference has created a Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/EIVA-Club-Volleyball/319905818125765) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/eivavb) accounts to allow them to relay information about upcoming tournaments and other EIVA news directly to our fans and followers. They want Junior Boys to see that there are additional opportunities to play in College without the varsity commitment. "Like" and "Follow" them to get information and check out one of their events to see the next level!
- Limestone College is looking in creating the only boys volleyball summer residents camp in the southeast. This would be a great opportunity for our boys to attend a college based camp, which isn’t over 15-20 hours away, and is centrally located in the SE. Plus, help build interest in the Carolinas Conference, the only mens college conference in the SE, and helping to promote the grow of boys volleyball. Proposed camp dates:
- July 8-10
- July 11-13
- July 15-17
All 3 day sessions with a maximum of 40 kids per session, which would have a lot of individual attention. Approx. Cost: $375. Please help spread the word and email Coach Skweres - email@example.com when you have an idea of the number of athletes that are interested.
USA Volleyball featured the growth of Boys and Men’s Volleyball efforts in the Carolina Region in their email newsletter and on their website. Click here to read the article.
GRANT Opportunity for Boys Clubs from USAV - 2012 Ludus Tours Sport Development Grant Information
Am I too Short to Play Volleyball?
Creating a Boys Volleyball Team at Your School
Starting a Boys Volleyball Program
Youth Volleyball Rules for 2 - 4 Player Teams
Boys Scholastic Volleyball Grant Program - For High Schools looking to start a Varsity Boys Team