Please visit our Online Registration page for information and links to register with the Carolina Region. Our membership year begins September 1 and ends August 31 of the following year. Team/Club Reps may download the registration packet at our Forms section after September 1 each season.
For the 2024 membership season, the Carolina Region membership fee for all Boys 18 and younger will be $25 (this is a full USAV membership-the Carolina Region waives it’s membership fee for Boys to promote growth). We want to provide incentives to clubs and parents to introduce volleyball to more boys as an exciting lifetime sport option. We are encouraging clubs to think outside the box where boys volleyball is concerned. Clubs do not need to structure boys volleyball the same as they would a girls club. Form developmental leagues on weeknights for practices and fun games. Hold clinics and play days to introduce the sport to more boys. The goal is for clubs to start reaching out to boys and get them involved in the sport. Once we get them hooked, then clubs can form some teams and we can begin offering boys-only volleyball tournaments. See the articles below for more information on Boys volleyball.
Boys (all Boys 18 and younger) – $25 ($0 Region fee; $25 USAV Fee)
- Adults affiliated with Junior teams – $50 [$25 CR fee; $25 USAV fee]
- Background Screen fee for Adults affiliated with Junior teams – $14.00
- Junior Team Fee – $65 by December 1; $85 after December 1
- Regular Season tournament entry fee – $200 (received two weeks in advance)
- Regional Championship Event Tournament entry fee – $225
As a service to our Boys members, we will post tryout information for clubs/teams that provide the information to the Region Office. All clubs and individuals should refer to our Recruiting Statement for information on acceptable ways to promote your tryouts and the behavior that is expected from our participants. Boys clubs may hold their 2024 Season Tryouts any time after July 8, 2023.
- Triad United Volleyball Academy – October 2-3, 2023 – Boys 15-18U (6-8 pm); October 23 & 25, 2023 – Boys 12 – 14U (6 – 8 pm). SITE: Rise Indoor Sports, 419 Twins Way, Bermuda Run, NC 27006. For more information and to register, go here.
Summer Camps, Club Tryouts, Informational Meetings, and other Items of Interest for Boys:
- None at this time
Ideas for Creating a Successful Boys Program:
- Offer multiple shorter seasons (fall, winter, spring, summer) rather than one traditional year-round club offering.
- Offer training only programs (no weekend tournament commitments)
- Include boys in all club communications