PLEASE read all instructions below BEFORE taking the clinics so you are sure to take the correct one!
2017/2018 Clinics are now LIVE! Please read all instructions below for information on which clinic to register for and how to register and access from within your USAV member record.
The online clinic experience has improved drastically over the last four seasons. We encourage you to check them out again to get your Referee or Scorer Certification this season! Read below for instructions!
General Officials Clinic Information (everyone follows these steps to begin):
- EVERYONE can take the clinics online this year. EXCEPTION: New Junior Coaches that have never been certified as an official before should take an in-person clinic so they can have the most current information and can ask questions to aid the professional officials at the tournaments.
- Experienced Officials will have ability to take pre-quizzes to shorten some of the modules they will view online.
- All Clinics are accessed from within your Carolina Region/USA Volleyball Member record! When you complete your curriculum, your officials certification will be updated to CURRENT AUTOMATICALLY!
- If you have not applied for your 2018 membership yet, you will need to do that first. Go to our Online Registration Information page for instructions on applying as a NEW member or Renewing a membership (for those that have been a member in the past).
- After you have completed your 2018 membership application (Status is CURRENT for 2018), then you can register for an online officials clinic.
- General Notes – If you will be a REFEREE – just choose the applicable “Referee” clinic below. Scorer modules are included in the Referee Clinics automatically as all referees need to know how to keep score. Only choose a “Scorer Only” clinic option if you will NOT be a Referee at all this season but do want to be certified as a Scorer. DO NOT register for BOTH the Referee and Scorer clinics if you are a referee as you will be duplicating modules!!!
Specific Officials Clinic Information (users will choose ONLY ONE depending on their interest/level):
- Login in to your Carolina Region/USAV member account (Make sure you are current for the 2017/2018 Season!). NOTE: You can now click on course title below to be taken directly to the registration page in WebPoint (you will still need to log in to your member record first).
- In left-hand menu, look under the “USA Volleyball Events” menu item. Click the + button next to “Region Clinics” to expand the menu offerings – then choose “Region Ref/Score Clinics”. All our Online Clinics will be listed under the September, 2017 clinic offerings (Start date of Sept 1, 2017 – July 31, 2018). Read the descriptions below and choose ONLY the curriculum that you need in order to get certified (REMEMBER – Referees DO NOT also register for a Scorer Clinic – Scorer certification modules will be included in ALL Referee clinics!):
- CR18_102 CR Junior Referee Training – This course is for ALL Junior Players that want to get certified as a ref/scorer! Adults affiliating with a Junior Team that are taking the clinic to meet the one adult per junior team requirement (only) may also take this clinic. Adult Team Officials (even if also a junior coach) and Professional Officials DO NOT take this clinic. Completion of this clinic will grant a Junior Referee certification (upon 100% completion your record will show a Junior Referee Certification but it will NOT show a Junior Scorer Certification due to the way the system is set up. But, all Referees are certified as Scorers by default since all Referees must take the Scorer modules also).
- CR18_201 CR Adult Team Referee (Player) Training – This course is for Adult Team officials that want to get certified as a Ref/Scorer. Completion of this clinic will grant an Adult Team Referee Certification (upon 100% completion your record will show a Adult Team Referee Certification but it will NOT show a Adult Team Scorer Certification due to the way the system is set up. But, all Referees are certified as Scorers by default since all Referees must take the Scorer modules also). If you are NOT on an Adult team, then you should not be taking this course.
- CR18_101 CR Junior Scorer Training – This course is for Juniors that ONLY want to be certified as a Scorer this season. Do NOT choose this if you are also a Referee (the above Referee courses include the Scorer modules and tests automatically!) Completion of this clinic will grant a Junior Scorer Certification only (cannot also be a referee).
- CR18_301 CR Adult Team Scorer (Player) Training – This course is for Adults that ONLY want to be certified as a Scorer this season. Do NOT choose this if you are also a Referee (the above Referee courses include the Scorer modules and tests automatically!) Completion of this clinic will grant an Adult Team Scorer Certification only (cannot also be a referee).
- CR18_202 CR Professional Referee Training (<4 years) – This course is for our Professional Officials only (those adults or Juniors working our Junior Tournaments). Officials with less than 4 years experience need to take THIS clinic BEFORE attending our in-person meeting and clinic. When registering for this clinic, please select your CURRENT Certification as showing in your member record (Junior Regional, Provisional 1, Provisional 2, Regional 1 or Regional 2). Completion of this clinic will show the certification selected (final certification subject to review of current ratings status). Officials wishing to upgrade their certification should complete the Certification Upgrade application by December 15 . We will update your rating LATER after you complete the rating process (so only select your current rating).
- CR18_203 CR Professional Referee Training (4+ years) – This course is for our Professional Officials only (those adults and juniors working our Junior Tournaments). Officials with 4 years or MORE experience as a CR professional official need to take THIS clinic. When registering for this clinic, please select your CURRENT Certification as showing in your member record (Provisional 1, Provisional 2, Regional 1 or Regional 2). Completion of this clinic will show the certification selected (final certification subject to review of current ratings status). Officials wishing to upgrade their certification should complete the Certification Upgrade application by December 15 . We will update your rating LATER after you complete the rating process (so only select your current rating).
- CR18_299 Cram Session – This course is for our Professional Officials that want to practice taking the USAV exam without worry that it is being graded. This course is not required in order to get certified but anyone can register for it in order to see examples of test questions and the format they will come in. This course remains open for as long as you wish to access it and will not award a certification. It is simply available for those that want to practice the exam without worry of grading. Officials may want to register and practice before taking their USAV tests within the above Professional Official’s curricula. Individuals may register for this clinic in conjunction with another clinic listed about without issue.
- After choosing which course you want to take, click on the “Register Now” button to the right of the clinic name.
- On the resulting page, confirm that is the clinic you want to register for, choose applicable current rating (this applies to Officials registering for one of the Professional Referee clinics only), and then hit submit at the bottom of the page.
- IMPORTANT – Once you have registered for the clinic, you will ALWAYS access your courses from WITHIN your USAV Member record! Any time you want to access your course, log in to your USAV member Record first. Then at the bottom of your Menus on the left and at the center bottom on your “Member Home” page after logged in, you will see a RED box labeled “USAV Academy” or “Login to USAV Academy”. Click either of those buttons to be taken to the USAV Academy! Once you register for a clinic, you will see the Curriculum listed in your “Learning Activities” Items. Click the Green button labeled “GO” on far right of the course description to start the course!
- You must take all modules/clinics listed in your Course in order to meet the certification requirement. You can log out and back in as many times as you wish and the system will pick up where you left off (so you do not have to do all these modules in one sitting!) Remember to ALWAYS access the USAV Academy from within your member record this season!
- When you complete your clinic to 100%, your certification should go to CURRENT automatically in your USAV Record. You can confirm that by transferring back to your member record from the USAV Academy top menu. You can print a new USAV member card at any time and your certifications will print on the card.