NOTE – For the 2017/2018 season, we are planning THREE REGION-SPONSORED IMPACT clinics for coaches in the November to December time period. NOTE: Now that the USAV IMPACT On-Demand clinic (see below) is operational, we will not hold any other Region-sponsored IMPACT clinics once the season begins.
Coaching Education Policy – ALL Coaches, please review the information linked on this page about our Coaches Education Policy!
REMINDER – Coaches will not be added to a Team’s Tournament Roster until they are IMPACT/CAP certified, are SafeSport certified, and pass the USAV Background Screen. So all coaches must complete these requirements BEFORE their team’s FIRST tournament! New for 2018 – SafeSport certification will not be covered during the online IMPACT course. There will be a link during the course to go to the USOC SafeSport Training site to complete SafeSport. Those already IMPACT certified (without SafeSport) may take the SafeSport course online. See link on this page for more information.
Please pre-register for a clinic at least one week in advance so we know how many to expect! Login to your member record to pre-register for Region clinics! NOTE: If you have a previous IMPACT in your record, you may receive popup alerts informing you of this. You can still register for an IMPACT clinic by just closing down the popup alert. If you want to attend an IMPACT clinic as a continuing education clinic to extend your eligibility another three seasons, then you should continue the registration process and ignore the popup.
IMPACT CLINIC SCHEDULE:
Clubs/Teams may host their own IMPACT clinic anytime! For Information on Hosting Your Own IMPACT clinic, download this Information Sheet.
- IMPACT clinics for the 2017/2018 season – all IMPACT clinics in the Region will be $20 (compare to $40+ for online webinar). Attendees will receive an IMPACT manual. NOTE: All participants must stay for the gym AND classroom sessions to receive IMPACT certification AND Continuing Education Credit.
- In-person IMPACT clinics are under development. Check back for updates.
- USA Volleyball IMPACT On-Demand Clinic – The On-Demand IMPACT clinic is not live yet for the 2017/2018 season. We will post an update here when it is ready.
USAV CAP Course Schedule:
The Carolina Region hosted CAP Courses in the 2016 and 2017 seasons. We do not have plans to host a CAP clinic in the Region this season. See USAV CAP Schedule for other course options.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CLINIC SCHEDULE:
- AVCA Webinars- The American Volleyball Coaches Association offers several webinars in August and September. For more information and to REGISTER for the webinars, go to the AVCA webinar information page. NOTE: Individual AVCA Webinars are NOT on the pre-approved list for Continuing Education Credit automatically. Contact Wade if you wish to use AVCA webinars towards this requirement (multiple webinars may be required).
- Others will be added here as approved.
OTHER COACHING RESOURCES:
- Championship Productions – World Class Instriction. DVD’s, Videos, Clinics, Clinics.
- USA Volleyball’s latest FREE training sessions for our Club Directors and Coaches are listed below as well as some others that may be of interest. Webinars allow local USAV Jr. Olympic Volleyball (JOV) leaders (that means you!) to attend from your home or office. Learn from experienced and successful coaches, club directors and volleyball leaders nationwide, including National Team coaches and USAV staff. Each USAV session includes Q&A time for asking questions directly of the speakers. Some session times may be listed in different time zones, so adjust to our time zone accordingly. Webinars will be listed here when announced.
BEACH COACHING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES:
- USA Volleyball BEACH IMPACT On-Demand Clinic – The On-Demand Beach IMPACT clinic is not yet live for the 2017/2018 season. We will post an update here when it is ready.