NOTE - For the 2014/2015 season, the Region plans to only hold IMPACT clinics across the state (no season meetings in conjunction with IMPACT as in the past). We will hold THREE REGION-SPONSORED IMPACT clinics for coaches in the October to December time period. NOTE: Now that the USAV IMPACT On-Demand clinic (see below) is operational, we will not hold any Region-sponsored IMPACT clinics in January.
Coaching Education Policy - The Carolina Region believes that every player deserves a coach trained in the current techniques and safety issues of the sport. All Head and Assistant Coaches are required to have, at a minimum, current IMPACT certification in order to coach in the Region. An IMPACT certification now grants three seasons of coaching eligibility in the Carolina Region. Although USAV IMPACT certification does not expire, the Region believes it is important for coaches to stay current in the field. The Region uses the IMPACT certification field in each coach’s member account to track the need for recertification. Coaches may check their certification status and renewal date on the Webpoint system. Attending an IMPACT clinic, CAP clinic, or other approved HP Coaching Development Clinic at any time will extend a coach’s eligibility for another three seasons. For additional information on the Coaching Education Program, Renewing Coaching Eligibility, and Hosting Clinics, download this information sheet.
REMINDER - Coaches will not be added to a Team’s Tournament Roster until they are IMPACT/CAP certified and pass the Background Screen. So all coaches must be IMPACT certified before their team’s FIRST tournament!
Please pre-register for a clinic at least one week in advance so we know how many to expect! Login to your member record to pre-register for Region clinics! NOTE: If you have a previous IMPACT in your record, you may receive popup alerts informing you of this. You can still register for an IMPACT clinic by just closing down the popup alert. If you want to attend an IMPACT clinic as a continuing education clinic to extend your eligibility another three seasons, then you should continue the registration process and ignore the popup.
IMPACT CLINIC SCHEDULE:
Clubs/Teams may host their own IMPACT clinic anytime! For Information on Hosting Your Own IMPACT clinic, download this Information Sheet.
IMPACT clinics for the 2014/2015 season - all IMPACT clinics in the Region will be $20 (compare to $50+ for online webinar). Attendees will receive an IMPACT manual. NOTE: All participants must stay for the gym AND classroom sessions to receive IMPACT certification AND Continuing Education Credit. NEW for 2014/2015, IMPACT Certification also awards you the SafeSport Certification (which will be a required certification next season!). Check back for more clinic updates.
- Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Instructor: Brenda Skeffington. Check-in begins at 9:00 AM. Gym session goes from 9:30 - 11:30 AM at Hickory Sports Complex. There will be a lunch break from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM. The classroom session will be from 12:30 - 5:00 PM. You must attend both sessions to be certified and receive continuing education credit. All attendees must PRE-REGISTER for this clinic. Pre-register for the clinic, by logging in to your Carolina Region/USA Volleyball member record, Go to Event Registration in the menu, choose "Region Coaching Clinics", and select the "IMPACT Clinic - November 22, 2014" Register button.
- Saturday, December 6, 2014 - Instructor: Blaine Tender. Check-in begins at 9:00 AM. Gym session goes from 9:30 am - 12 pm at West Wilkes Middle School, Wilkesboro. There will be a lunch break from 1 - 12 pm. The classroom session will be from 1 - 5:00 PM. You must attend both sessions to be certified and receive continuing education credit. All attendees must PRE-REGISTER for this clinic. Pre-register for the clinic, by logging in to your Carolina Region/USA Volleyball member record, Go to Event Registration in the menu, choose "Region Coaching Clinics", and select the "IMPACT Clinic - West Wilkes MS - December 6 " Register button.
- Saturday, December 13, 2014 - Instructor: Chuck McCracken. Check-in begins at 9:00 AM. Gym session goes from 9:30 - 11:30 AM at Barber Park, Greensboro. There will be a lunch break from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM. The classroom session will be from 12:30 - 5:00 PM. You must attend both sessions to be certified and receive continuing education credit. All attendees must PRE-REGISTER for this clinic. Pre-register for the clinic, by logging in to your Carolina Region/USA Volleyball member record, Go to Event Registration in the menu, choose "Region Coaching Clinics", and select the "IMPACT Clinic - Greensboro - December 13, 2014" Register button.
- See below for On-Demand Clinic option.
- USA Volleyball IMPACT On-Demand Clinic - The On-Demand IMPACT clinic is LIVE now for the 2014/2015 season. To register for the On-Demand Clinic: Log in to your USAV member record; in left hand menu (USAV & Region Events), choose "USAV Coaching Clinics"; Scroll down to the September, 2014 list of clinics; towards to bottom (9/1/2014 - 9/1/2015 dates - choose "Indoor IMPACT/SafeSport On-Demand Course Member 2014-15"; You can choose link or click the +Register box to right of that link. This clinic grants full IMPACT and SafeSport certification and will satisfy the IMPACT and Continuing Education Requirements for the Region. For more information, click here. If you have questions or issues with the On-Demand Clinic, USA Volleyball recommends you go to their On Demand Help Desk for a FAQ and direct access to USAV staff for help. Cost is $50 for USA Volleyball members.
- USA Volleyball also offers LIVE ONLINE IMPACT webinars during the season. The clinic usually runs over two successive nights (both sessions required) and then a post-clinic test is required. Upon completion, you will be sent a certificate proving your certification and your online membership record will be updated with the certification information (will print on your member card). If interested in taking a live online IMPACT clinic, click the specific dates below or see the schedule at USA Volleyball National Coaching Education Event Schedule page. Clinic cost is now $50 (later clinics will rise to $65-80-see USAV site for confirmed cost of clinics) and pre-registration is required at USAV’s site. NEXT ONLINE IMPACT WEBINARS ARE: Oct 14-15; Nov 12-13; Dec 16.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CLINIC SCHEDULE:
- AVCA Webinars- The American Volleyball Coaches Association offers several webinars in August and September. For more information and to REGISTER for the webinars, go to the AVCA webinar information page. NOTE: Individual AVCA Webinars are NOT on the pre-approved list for Continuing Education Credit automatically. Contact Chuck if you wish to use AVCA webinars towards this requirement (multiple webinars may be required).
- Others will be added here as approved.
OTHER COACHING RESOURCES:
- Championship Productions - World Class Instriction. DVD’s, Videos, Clinics, Clinics.
- USA Volleyball’s latest FREE training sessions for our Club Directors and Coaches are listed below as well as some others that may be of interest. Webinars allow local USAV Jr. Olympic Volleyball (JOV) leaders (that means you!) to attend from your home or office. Learn from experienced and successful coaches, club directors and volleyball leaders nationwide, including National Team coaches and USAV staff. Each USAV session includes Q&A time for asking questions directly of the speakers. Some session times may be listed in different time zones, so adjust to our time zone accordingly. Webinars will be listed here when announced.
BEACH COACHING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES: