NOTE - For the 2013/2014 season, the Region plans to only hold IMPACT clinics across the state (no season meetings in conjunction with IMPACT as in the past). We will hold THREE to FOUR IMPACT clinics for coaches in the October to December time period. NOTE: Now that the USAV IMPACT On-Demand clinic (see below) is operational, we will not hold any Region-sponsored IMPACT clinics in January.
Coaching Education Policy - The Carolina Region believes that every player deserves a coach trained in the current techniques and safety issues of the sport. All Head and Assistant Coaches are required to have, at a minimum, current IMPACT certification in order to coach in the Region. An IMPACT certification now grants three seasons of coaching eligibility in the Carolina Region. Although USAV IMPACT certification does not expire, the Region believes it is important for coaches to stay current in the field. The Region uses the IMPACT certification field in each coach’s member account to track the need for recertification. Coaches may check their certification status and renewal date on the Webpoint system. Attending an IMPACT clinic, CAP clinic, or other approved HP Coaching Development Clinic at any time will extend a coach’s eligibility for another three seasons. For additional information on the Coaching Education Program, Renewing Coaching Eligibility, and Hosting Clinics, download this information sheet.
REMINDER - Coaches will not be added to a Team’s Tournament Roster until they are IMPACT/CAP certified and pass the Background Screen. So all coaches must be IMPACT certified before their team’s FIRST tournament!
Please pre-register for a clinic at least one week in advance so we know how many to expect! Login to your member record to pre-register for Region clinics! NOTE: If you have a previous IMPACT in your record, you may receive popup alerts informing you of this. You can still register for an IMPACT clinic by just closing down the popup alert. If you want to attend an IMPACT clinic as a continuing education clinic to extend your eligibility another three seasons, then you should continue the registration process and ignore the popup.
IMPACT CLINIC SCHEDULE:
Clubs/Teams may host their own IMPACT clinic anytime! For Information on Hosting Your Own IMPACT clinic, download this Information Sheet.
- USA Volleyball IMPACT On-Demand Clinic - The On-Demand IMPACT clinic is now LIVE and available for members to register. This clinic grants full IMPACT certification and will satisfy the IMPACT and Continuing Education Requirements for the Region. To register for an On-Demand Clinic, log in to your member record (you must be a current member to register and take the course). Hover cursor over Event Registration in the lefthand menu. Choose "USAV Coaching Clinics" in the popout menu. Scroll to the September, 2013 listings and choose the "Sunday, September 1, 2013 Indoor IMPACT On-Demand Course v2" +Register box. For more information, click here. If you have questions or issues with the On-Demand Clinic, USA Volleyball recommends you go to their On Demand Help Desk for a FAQ and direct access to USAV staff for help. Cost is $50 for USA Volleyball members.
- USA Volleyball also offers LIVE ONLINE IMPACT webinars during the season. The clinic usually runs over two successive nights (both sessions required) and then a post-clinic test is required. Upon completion, you will be sent a certificate proving your certification and your online membership record will be updated with the certification information (will print on your member card). If interested in taking a live online IMPACT clinic, click the specific dates below or see the schedule at USA Volleyball IMPACT webinar Schedule page. Clinic cost is now $65 (later clinics will rise to $65-80-see USAV site for confirmed cost of clinics) and pre-registration is required at USAV’s site. NEXT ONLINE IMPACT WEBINARS ARE: Feb 3-4; Mar 4-5; Apr 9-10 .
CONTINUING EDUCATION CLINIC SCHEDULE:
- AVCA Webinars- The American Volleyball Coaches Association offers several webinars in August and September. For more information and to REGISTER for the webinars, go to the AVCA webinar information page. NOTE: Individual AVCA Webinars are NOT on the pre-approved list for Continuing Education Credit automatically. Contact Chuck if you wish to use AVCA webinars towards this requirement (multiple webinars may be required).
- Continuing Education Coaching Clinic - The Art of Coaching Volleyball - Saturday/Sunday, May 3-4, 2014. SITE: UNC-Chapel Hill. See registration page for single coach and multi-coach options plus Early Bird discounts. Presenting Clinicians: Russ Rose – Penn State University – 6 NCAA National Championships; John Dunning – Stanford University – 4 NCAA National Championships; Terry Liskevych – Oregon State University – Former USA National Team Coach 1985 – 1996; Joe Sagula - University of North Carolina – 11 ACC Titles; Lizzy Stemke - University of Georgia – Former All-American and U.S. National Team member (as a player). For Clinic Pricing and Registration Information, click here. Clinic Contact: Patrick Kohan 812-249-1342. This clinic qualifies for Carolina Region Continuing Education credit with verification of attendance.
OTHER COACHING RESOURCES:
- Championship Productions - World Class Instriction. DVD’s, Videos, Clinics, Clinics.
- USA Volleyball’s latest FREE training sessions for our Club Directors and Coaches are listed below as well as some others that may be of interest. Webinars allow local USAV Jr. Olympic Volleyball (JOV) leaders (that means you!) to attend from your home or office. Learn from experienced and successful coaches, club directors and volleyball leaders nationwide, including National Team coaches and USAV staff. Each USAV session includes Q&A time for asking questions directly of the speakers. Some session times may be listed in different time zones, so adjust to our time zone accordingly. Webinars will be listed here when announced.
BEACH COACHING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES: