The Carolina Region believes that every player deserves a coach trained in the current techniques and safety issues of the sport. All Head and Assistant Coaches are required to have, at a minimum, a current IMPACT certification in order to coach in the Region. A coach’s initial IMPACT certification now grants three seasons of coaching eligibility in the Carolina Region. Although USAV IMPACT certification does not currently expire, the Region believes it is important for coaches to stay current in the field. The Carolina Region asks all coaches to participate in a Continuing Education opportunity at least once every three seasons. Attending an IMPACT clinic, CAP clinic, or other approved Clinic listed below at any time will extend a coach’s eligibility for another three seasons.
For additional Information on Renewing Coaching eligibility and Club’s Hosting IMPACT clinics, download this info sheet.
Currently Approved Continuing Education Opportunities:
- IMPACT Clinics (online through USA Volleyball)
- IMPACT Refresher Clinic (under development by USAV)
- CAP Clinics (I, II, III, IV) (Grants 4 years of certification and CR Coaching Eligibility!)
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Course – http://www.nfhslearn.com/coreCourseDetail.aspx?courseID=1000
- AVCA Convention
- Gold Medal Squared Coaching Clinics
Proof of completition of clinics/courses/attendance is required to receive credit. Send proof to Region Office.