NOTE - The online clinic system is back up but users may still experience connectivity and performance issues. The vendor will be upgrading the capacity of the system during January. Hopefully these issues will be resolved shortly. If you experience problems, log out and try it again at a future time. Thank you for your patience.
The 2012/2013 online clinics for the Carolina Region are now ready! PLEASE read all instructions below BEFORE taking the clinics so you are sure to take the correct one!
NEW for 2012/2013: ALL individuals can take the Officials Clinics ONLINE if they wish (both FULL and ReCert clinics are online). This is regardless of whether your RECERT ELIGIBLE Field (below) has a "B" or "S". However, those Adults that are Re-Cert eligible will only be allowed to take the Re-Cert Clinic Online. Please read below! You must confirm your status before taking the clinic so you will take the correct one! The Region will not grant certification unless you take the CORRECT clinic!
For the 2012/2013 Season, those individuals that were certified as a Scorekeeper ("S") or Referee ("B") during the 2012 season are eligible to take the re-cert clinic either at a live clinic or online. To check to see if you are eligible, log in to your member account and check the "Re-cert Eligible" field (My Information in main left menu and then Main Info tab) for one of the codes above (The codes have been updated for the 2012/2013 season). The Junior clinics online are the same for all users and ALL Junior players can take it online this year. Adult officials (Team and Professional officials) will take either the Full Clinic or Recert Clinic depending on their ReCert Eligible Status. See below for more information.
General Officials Clinic Information (everyone follows these steps to begin):
- Please read the Online Clinic FAQ before proceeding below.
- NEW for 2012/2013 - EVERYONE can take the clinics online this year - regardless of their Re-Cert status in their record. The Re-Cert status in the record only applies to the in-person clinics this season and to Adult officials (see below)!
- To access the clinics, go to www.volleyballreftraining.com - Indoor Training Materials
- Click on the red banner that says "View for Credit" underneath the Photo banner.
- On your first visit, click to "Create New Student" (bookmark site and when you return you will login using the login info you create)
- You must choose "CAROLINA" as your Region during the registration process. This will allow you to see our Courses and allow us to see your results!
- When taking quizzes/tests, click the "Review Quiz" button on the results page to see which questions you missed. then take the Quiz/test again to correct it to 100 (required).
- Although the quiz and test results email you receive will tell you to forward your results to the Region, you DO NOT need to do this! Since you have to correct to 100% during the process we will know everyone passed and the system will tell us when everyone has completed all their required modules. As soon as you finish your curriculum/course and your status says 100% you are done and do not need to notify us. We will begin updating member records with clinic results shortly (we are concentrating on individual and team registrations right now!)
Specific Officials Clinic Information (users will choose ONE depending on their Level and ReCert Status):
- After login, users will see two tabs at the top: My Courses and Course Catalog. Choose the My Courses Tab. Four Courses are currently listed for Carolina Region users. You will only choose ONE of these curriculums (all the modules and learning materials you need are self-contained in each curriculum i.e. score clinics are inside the Ref curriculum since Refs have to be score certfied also). Choose the curriculum that you need in order to get certified.
- CarJrRef - This course is for ALL Junior Players that want to get certified as a ref/scorer. All Players can take this regardless of what is in their Recert Eligible field! Adults that are taking the clinic to meet the one adult per junior team requirement (only) may also take this clinic. Adult Team Officials (even if also a junior coach) and Professional Officials DO NOT take this clinic.
- CarNewAdultRef - This course is for NEW Adult Team officials and NEW professional officials. This course will grant certification to anyone completing it so if Juniors, Coaches, or experienced officials take this course they will still get credit for it.
- CarRecertRef - This course is only for Adult Team officials and Professional Officials that have a "B" in their Recert Eligible field in their member record. Please log in to your member record and confirm you are eligible to take this course BEFORE beginning this clinic! Those users that are not eligible for this clinic will not receive certification for completing it.
- CarScorer - This course is for Adults and Juniors that ONLY want to be certified as a Scorer this season. Do NOT choose this if you are also a Referee (the above courses include the Scorer modules and tests automatically!)
- To begin taking your courses, click on the applicable course name that you are eligible for. Then click on the Launch Training icon beside the module name you will begin with. Some modules can be viewed/taken in any order. Other modules have requirements in place that you view other modules before taking it.
- You must take all modules/clinics listed in your Course in order to meet the certification requirement. You can log out and back in as many times as you wish and the system will pick up where you left off (so you do not have to do all these modules in one sitting!)
- The Carolina Region staff will be able to see your progress and upon completion will will update your member record with your certification. Per above, do NOT email us your quiz/test results (even if your results email tells you to send it to your region!). We will see them automatically!
We are excited about these new course capabilities. USA Volleyball plans for future enhancements calls for linking this system with your member record so the certifications will appear automatically in your record upon completition. That capability can’t get here fast enough for Carolina Region Staff! We hope you like this year’s clinics and the improvements made over previous years!