Junior Tournament Entry Information
2015 Junior Tournament Entry Information and Procedures
- Schedule Information:
- Information below may have been summarized, rephrased to suit this section, or updated based on current season conditions to aid in the information disclosure. Refer to the 2015 Operating Code for the approved Carolina Region policies and procedures. If there are any discrepancies not accounted for by in-season adjustments (i.e. for weather cancellations, etc), the 2015 Operating Code will be the final text for all policies.
- The 2015 Junior Tournament Schedule is tentative and subject to change [based on facility schedules (weather rescheduling by schools, etc) or other causes].
- The dates listed on the 2015 schedule are dates on which tournaments will be held for the 2015 Junior season. The Region will make every effort to hold a tournament for all ages and geographic area (East/West) on all listed dates. Even if a age group is currently listed as "available" or "TBD", teams should still enter the tournament by the entry deadline. If sites are announced after the entry deadline, we will allow all entered teams the chance to withdraw at no penalty up to seven days from the date the site was listed. NOTE: We will make all attempts to schedule tournaments on the Saturday listed. If we do not get enough requests to host tournaments on Saturday, then we will allow tournament directors to hold a tournament on the Sunday of that same weekend. Teams already entered expecting a Saturday tournament will be given the opportunity to play in the Sunday tournament or withdraw with no penalty.
- For entry information and withdrawals by Friday noon before the tournament, contact the Region Office.
- For all other information (directions, hotels, and withdrawals after Friday noon before the tournament), contact the Tournament Contact (copy the Region Office if sending an email to withdraw).
- Day of Tournament Contact number (if provided) will be a cell phone, pager, or facility phone you can try the day of the tournament if you are withdrawing or running late, etc.
- Entry Information (see #6 for info on Queen City/Jr Hi Neighbor/Quest/Triangle Invitational/any other Special Events):
- The Regular Season Junior Tournament Entry Fee will be $150 for all tournaments on our Schedule.
- The Regional Championships Tournament Entry fee for all Junior Ages and Divisions will be $175. Regional Championship dates for 2015 are March 21, March 28, and April 11.
- Special Events listed on our schedule or in the Other Events Section at the bottom of the schedule will be able to set their own entry fees and collect all entries. Contact those Tournaments directly for more information on their entry procedures. Entries sent to the Region for these events will NOT be forwarded and may delay or prevent your acceptance into the tournament.
- All complete entries should be made so the Carolina Region (address info is here and on the entry form) receives it at least TWO weeks before the tournament (deadline date is under the tournament date on the schedule). The Late Tournament Entry Fee will be $25. The late fee should be included whenever an entry is sent in that will be received after the deadline. We cannot guarantee ANY Late entries will be able to be accommodated in the new tournament assignment process, so teams should enter by the deadline if at all possible! All late fees will be designated to the Carolina Region High Performance Program.
- Teams may enter a tournament in one of two ways:
- Mail a check and tournament entry form to Region Office so we receive it by the entry deadline.
- Enter online through our Online Payments page. Be sure to put in teamname, division with age group, and Tournament date in the note field before submitting. Payments sent after entry deadline require the $25 late fee. If you enter online, you do not have to send anything else in to Region Office.
- The deadline to withdraw for a full refund/credit is still TWO weeks before the tournament date.
- A blank 2015 Tournament Entry form is available here. In addition, Club Administrators set up in the USAV online system with appropriate permissions may log in to their member account and view/print completed (player names, USAV numbers, etc) tournament entry forms for all the teams in their club (Team Rosters link, choose team, and then choose Junior Tournament Entry as the form). If entering a tournament with a PayPal payment, you do not need to send in a tournament entry form (exception - out-of-region teams in a non-webpoint Region as we will need current USAV numbers for all participants).
- You may enter more than one tournament at a time, but a separate entry form for each tournament entered should be included so there are no issues as to which tournament was entered (only one check needed for multiple entries). DO NOT staple or tape checks to the Entry Forms, please! Entries will be delayed if proper payment is not received.
- Tournament Directors/Divisions:
- Tournament Directors can download a Tournament Sanction Request Form and Hosting Information letter from our Tournament Directors section to request to host a tournament listed as "Available".
- Divisions will be split into East and West Geographic areas (a North/South line through the Greensboro area will be the dividing line roughly). We will not have division names (Gold/Silver, Bronze, etc.) this season. Teams will be assigned out to sites based on their rankings in the Points System in their age group (and Geographic Area). We will assign teams out to sites in 4-team pool increments to fill the facilities requesting to host that weekend. For additional information on the Junior Structure/Assignment Process, view this document.
- Regional Championship Team/Player Requirements:
- All teams must participate in at least THREE Carolina Region sanctioned tournaments before the East/West Regional Championships to be eligible to compete at the East/West Regional Championships.
- At least one of those events must have been a one-day tournament.
- The other two events may consist of any two of the following if held BEFORE the Regional Championships:
(a) One or Two Carolina Region one-day tournaments;
(b) Any two-day Carolina Region sanctioned event whose only criteria is date of entry (examples: Quest pre-season tournament, the Queen City Classic, Junior Hi Neighbor);
(c) Only ONE of the following tournaments: a National Qualifier or any other Carolina Region sanctioned event with a restricted access entry criteria (example: MAPL Raleigh).
- Players must play in TWO Carolina Region sanctioned events in order to be eligible to play in the Regional Championships.
- Rosters for teams FREEZE two weeks before that team’s Regional Championships. No player additions or club movements are allowed for REGIONALS once the rosters FREEZE (temporary club moves for regular season tournaments after the frozen roster deadline are still allowed).
- National Bid Tournament Information (entry fee - $150):
- The National Bid tournament for the 12’s, 14’s, and 15’s age groups will be held on Sunday, March 22, 2015. The National Bid for the 13’s, 16’s, 17’s, & 18’s age groups is scheduled for March 29. 2015 [this date has been finalized for all age groups listed).
- To be eligible to compete in their age division’s National Bid tournament, a junior team must meet the following: (a) Participating teams must be a registered Carolina Region team; and (b) teams must have played in ONE (1) Carolina Region sanctioned event.
- Teams will have to follow the entry procedures for JNC’s and submit all paperwork and the National entry fee to the Region Office (deadline TBD) before being eligible to enter the bid tournament.
- Teams may move players from within their club to participate in one National Bid tournament. If the team wins a bid, that roster is FROZEN per USAV rules.
- Players do not have to play in a minimum number of tournaments to be eligible to play in the bid tournaments.
- Additional information will be posted once we receive information on the 2015 Junior National Volleyball Championships from USA Volleyball. That info will be posted and linked here (usually in January/February).
- Special Two Day Tournaments:
- The Junior Hi Neighbor, Quest, Queen City Classic, MAPL, Triangle Invitational and any other two-day tournaments announced in our 2015 Schedule or at the bottom of the schedule in the Other Events Section are the only tournaments on our schedule that entries go directly to the Tournament.
- Please do not send entries for the Junior Hi Neighbor/Quest/Queen City/MAPL/Triangle Invitational to the Region Office (we will not forward them to the tournament and the delay may cause you to go on their waiting list).
- Direct all inquiries about the special tournaments to their listed Tournament Contacts.