Beach Officials Clinics
With the addition of Collegiate Sand programs and the popularity of Junior Beach events, the need for Professional Beach officials will only grow in the near future. The Carolina Region will organize several Beach Officials Clinics each season to meet demand. For more information, please contact Suzanne Lowry, Carolina Region Beach Referee Chair.
2015 Clinic Information:
- May 16-17, 2015- A BEACH VOLLEYBALL REFEREE TRAINING PROGRAM will be offered May 16-17, 2015 in Apex, NC, in conjunction with the USAV Junior Beach Tour (JBT) Carolina Grand Slam. The event is open to the public and specifically to all members of the USAV beach community. This pilot program includes three elements: 1) LOCAL CLINIC: an introductory certification of beach officials, 2) CONTINUING EDUCATION: for recently certified officials, and 3) OUTREACH: to beach players, coaches and parents. Successful candidates will receive their LOCAL beach officiating certification. One full day attendance, plus an evening class, is required for LOCAL certification. You may attend Saturday, Sunday, or both days. COST: $50.
To Register for the Training Program, login to your Carolina Region/USAV member record; Go to the Region & USAV Events menu on left. Choose the Region Beach Officials Clinics sub-menu item. Look under the May 2015 events and open to Beach Volleyball Referee Training Clinic/Program item. Click the "Register" button to sign up for the Training Program. We also have a paper application that can be completed, emailed in to hold a spot, and turned in with fee on site. Email Suzanne if you have questions.
- Class session, on-line tools and a full day of practical officiating.
- Example matches, on-court training, and practice under observation are offered for each official role below.
- Expert observation and feedback by national clinicians is part of every day on the sand!
- Clinic Offers Training in:
- Line Judging
- Role of the 2nd Referee
- Role of the 1st Referee